For experienced professionals seeking to accelerate their careers, there is no better asset than an Executive MBA education from a top-tier school. We guide individuals who will be sponsored by their current employer as well as those who will be self-sponsored. The MBA Exchange consulting team has unequalled expertise and experience in helping EMBA applicants succeed.
For many working professionals, an Executive MBA (EMBA) degree is a better option than full-time or part-time. Classes typically meet on alternate weekends, with students also convening on campus for several weeks during the academic year. These individuals tend to be age 35+ and on the fast track at a major corporation or age 45+ and heading their own organization. In either case, the competition for admission is heated.
The MBA Exchange has helped applicants from a wide range of backgrounds gain entry to top-ranked EMBA programs including Wharton, Chicago Booth, Northwestern Kellogg, Columbia, Berkeley Haas and UCLA.
Here’s how our Comprehensive Consultation works for EMBA applicants:
Analysis and Planning
- Client submits resume, grade transcript and additional background on candidacy and goals.
- MBA Exchange analyzes this input to identify client’s strengths and weaknesses, develops tactical action plan, and confirms target schools.
- Client and MBA Exchange have a 90-minute teleconference to review candidacy, action plan and initial list of schools.
- MBA Exchange and client use proprietary frameworks to develop authentic positioning that aligns with admissions criteria at each targeted school
- MBA Exchange provides client with strategies, tactics, timeline, sample resume, and process requirements for recommendations and essays.
- Client may request a 30-minute, personalized teleconference on post-MBA career planning and summer internships with a former career services professional from a top-5 business school at no charge.
- Non-native English speaking clients may request an expert evaluation of their TOEFL skills.
Coaching and Guidance
- Client implements actions identified and suggested by MBA Exchange during teleconference and in followup email.
- MBA Exchange provides feedback, answers and alternatives to client via email and telephone.
Implementation and Support
- Client updates resume and submits to MBA Exchange for review.
- MBA Exchange edits resume and returns it to client.
- Client prepares recommendation input outlines and submits to MBA Exchange for review.
- MBA Exchange critiques and comments on recommendation outlines.
- Client prepares sponsorship letter and submits to MBA Exchange for review.
- MBA Exchange critiques and comments on sponsorship letter.
- Client prepares outline for essays for School #1 and submits to MBA Exchange for review.
- MBA Exchange critiques and comments on outline for essays for School #1.
- Client prepares narrative draft based on final outline of essays for School #1 and submits to MBA Exchange for review and editing. Mulitple iterations as needed.
- MBA Exchange reviews and suggests improvements to narrative draft of essays for School #1.
- (PROCESS REPEATED FOR SCHOOLS #2 – #4)
- MBA Exchange provides written strategies and tactics for successful admissions interviews.
- Client reviews input and refines interview techniques.
- Client has unlimited access to MBA Exchange online video-practice facility using 25 simulated interviews.
- MBA Exchange provides real-time mock interview with critical/actionable feedback for each school that extends an invitation to interview.
- As issues or questions arise, client gets MBA Exchange’s insights, suggestions and guidance.