Consulting Career Academy
Why a Career in Management Consulting?
Management consulting is a $30-billion industry worldwide that’s growing larger each day. The intellectual stimulation, professional growth, networking opportunities and compensation make this an unrivaled career path.
Competition for jobs in management consulting is fierce as highly qualified and motivated individuals recognize and seek the exceptional rewards. To win a coveted offer, a successful candidate must present a compelling value proposition; demonstrate exceptional strength in essential skills; and convince hiring managers to select him or her over equally qualified applicants. Your best resource for becoming that candidate is the Consulting Career Academy at The MBA Exchange.
Who You Are
You’re either a current MBA student (1st or 2nd year), a college undergraduate, or an experienced professional with an advanced degree (PhD, JD, etc.). And you’re interested in joining a top management consulting firm such as:
- McKinsey & Company
- Boston Consulting Group
- Bain & Company
- Deloitte and Monitor Deloitte
- EY Advisory and Parthenon EY
- A.T. Kearney
- PwC and Strategy&
- Oliver Wyman
- L.E.K. Consulting
- ZS Associates
- Cambridge Group
- Roland Berger
What We Offer
Consulting Career Package A complete curriculum that covers all aspects of the recruiting and hiring process — from initial contact to interviews to offer to guidance for success on the job:
- Analysis and planning session
- Diffentiating and targeting firms and offices
- Networking strategy and tactics
- Resume refinement
- Cover letter development
- Preparation and practice for fit interviews
- Preparation and practice for case interviews
- Optimizing your first 90 days on the job
Case Interview Preparation Package A comprehensive review of all aspects of the case interview process, tailored to each candidate’s needs. Features extensive one-on-one practice with experienced consultants using proven strategies:
- Kick-off training including overview of case interview process and keys to success
- Assessment of baseline case interview skills
- Customized prep plan
- Working sessions on essential case skills
- Two mock interviews simulating “real” conditions
- Detailed feedback sessions and notes after each mock interview
Optional Specialized Courses
- Math Review for Consulting
- Advanced Excel Skills for Consulting
- PowerPoint Skills for Consulting
How We Work With You
- Proprietary curriculum presented through a combination of written materials and interactive, 1-on-1 coaching sessions, rather than just video or written instructions like other providers offer
- Coaching sessions are scheduled at your pace and convenience
- Choose either a comprehensive curriculum or individual courses
Who is The Consulting Career Academy?
- A team of 20 former management consultants with extensive experience from working in worldwide offices of 11 leading management consulting firms. We know what this industry is about and what it values most in new hires.
- MBA graduates of top business schools who succeeded through the rigorous process of job search, recruiting and interviewing at multiple consulting firms. We then served as recruiters and interviewers for the firms that hired us.
- Skilled advisors from The MBA Exchange who have helped nearly 5,000 applicants gain admission to highly selective business schools worldwide. We have a CPA-verified track record for helping individuals compete and win against all odds.
- Current and former MBA career services professionals who have interacted directly with the recruiters from leading management consulting firms. We understand what these firms want and how they make hiring decisions.
Stephanie Horn leads the Consulting Career Academy as Managing Consultant. A veteran of McKinsey & Co., Stephanie worked in the firm’s Los Angeles office on operations strategy projects for major clients in the technology, retail and industrial services industries. She has also held management positions at Fortune 500 healthcare company DaVita; global travel firm Viking River Cruises; and industrial chemicals company Safety-Kleen. An MBA graduate with honors from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, she completed a summer internship in Ernst & Young’s strategy practice. Stephanie earned a bachelor of science degree in Chemistry and a Master’s degree in English from Bucknell University. A Master Admissions Consultant for The MBA Exchange, Stephanie has been recognized by industry expert Poets & Quants as one of the industry’s “Top 10 MBA Admissions Consultants” for 2017.
Matthew Strickler is an advisor to the Consulting Career Academy. Matt has over a decade of management consulting experience at The Boston Consulting Group; boutique strategy firm Everest Group; and as an independent strategic advisor. At BCG’s offices in Boston, Australia and Dallas, Matt focused on strategy and transformation for global clients in healthcare, financial services, retail and the public sector. He has also worked on growth strategies for technology companies and digital transformation. In addition, Matt has held senior strategy and operational roles at Hewlett Packard and Salesforce.com. A JD/MBA graduate of the Pritzker School of Law and the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, he completed summer internships with BCG and Goldman Sachs. Formerly a Captain in the U.S. Army, Matt earned his bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and international relations from the United States Military Academy.
Supporting the Consulting Career Academy is Senior Career Consultant Fabiola Currarino, with over seven years of experience coaching and mentoring MBA students, MBA alumni and executives. As a former Associate Director of Career Education & Advising for the MIT Sloan School of Management, Fabiola devised successful career strategies for a wide array of students, helping them articulate their goals and customize action plans to achieve them. In that role, she created and delivered high-impact career educational programs on topics such as networking, negotiation, personal positioning and interviewing. Previously, Fabiola served as managing director for a major healthcare company in Europe, and as an executive and manager in software marketing, sales, business development and brand management for IBM Latin America. She earned her MBA degree from Harvard Business School.
Providing our optional “Math for Management Consultants” is Priya Bhatia, Senior Tutor. Priya is a former high school physics and math teacher. As a dedicated educator, she takes pride in helping others learn. As a student, Priya earned numerous national science awards and scholarships, including the Intel Science Talent Search and the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. As an undergraduate, she won awards for research in nanotechnology and a highly competitive grant to write about science research opportunities. Priya graduated with a bachelor of science degree in chemical physics from the Honors Scholar Program at Rice University in Texas. An editor of the Official Guide for GMAC/Wiley, Priya has taught and coached students worldwide.
Consulting Career Academy would love to have a conversation with you to answer any questions and propose the best approach for your management consulting career plans. For more information, Contact Us today.