Happy New Year! Traditionally this is a time for champagne, confetti and celebration. It’s also a time when people typically reflect upon the past year and consider how they can make the next one more meaningful and rewarding. It’s a time when candor, self-awareness and totally honesty are essential. Delving into your priorities, passions and potential can spark New Year’s resolutions that produce positive and lasting change.
To help you formulate your plans for growth and improvement, here’s a 10-question quiz that addresses core aspects of life. We invite you to take a few minutes to consider and answer the following:
1. Do you want to elevate and accelerate your career path?
2. Do you want to make a big change in your function or industry?
3. Do you want to improve your near- and long-term earning power?
4. Do you want to become more attractive to potential employers?
5. Do you want to expand and strengthen your professional network?
6. Do you want to bolster your current resume with a prestigious brand?
7. Do you want to prove academic ability beyond your undergrad results?
8. Do you want to explore cultures and values from around the world?
9. Do you want to establish life-long relationships with future leaders?
10. Do you want to open your mind to new people, ideas and resources?
If you answered yes to even just one of these 10 questions, here’s one more – how can you best achieve these goals? The answer for many people is a top MBA education. By learning, growing and contributing at business school, students can energize, mobilize and transform their lives.
Now, envision yourself on New Year’s Day just a few years from now, reading these same 10 questions and realizing that you’ve either accomplished or made substantial progress on all of them. Now that would make for a truly Happy New Year, maybe even a Happy New Life!