Problem: Test Anxiety that Constrains Success
Do you find it difficult to raise your test scores, even after extensive studying and tutoring? Many MBA applicants have feelings of nervousness, unease or apprehension that interferes with their ability to achieve test scores that reflect their true potential. Such anxiety can emerge for a variety of reasons:
- Past negative experiences with test taking can spark current feelings of stress and anxiety.
- Once stress and anxiety appear, a fear of re-experiencing those feelings can prompt more anxiety. The resulting “fear of fear” can constrain learning and performance.
- Negative expectations – expressed in inner thoughts, mental pictures and physical symptoms – can reinforce poor performance.
- Similar symptoms in parents or siblings can confirm a biological/genetic component to one’s stress and anxiety.
- Self-esteem issues, especially for high achieving and perfection-oriented individuals, can prompt self-doubt and fear of failure.
Solution: Specialized Counseling by a Test Anxiety Expert
Dr. James Spitalny has more than three decades of success in helping individuals overcome test anxiety. Through 1:1 sessions and real-time interventions, Dr. Spitalny will design an individualized, easy to implement program that will ease your nervousness, apprehension or unease and build your confidence in as little as a few weeks. His counseling will enable you to understand and control your test anxiety and significantly improve test scores – up to 100 points above previous attempts.
A licensed clinical psychologist skilled in diagnostic testing and counseling, Dr. Spitalny has advised individuals, institutions and corporations around the world. He holds a Doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Rutgers University, a Master’s in Clinical Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University, and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Ohio University.
To learn more about our services, Contact Us today!